The Beautiful Hearts and Minds of Gifted Students
Organised by Jockey Club Gifted in Bloom - Harmony in Heart & Mind" Programme
Funded by the Jockey Club Charities Trust
Activity co-organised by Advanced Learning Experiences Division, HKAGE
All HKAGE student members aged 10 - 18.
The student symposium aims to encourage gifted students to recognize and appreciate their giftedness by telling their stories of discovering and developing their giftedness, empowering them by giving them the opportunity to voice out their thoughts and feelings of their learning, development, growth and other related matters, and to let parents, teachers and peers know more about gifted students.
Each submission requires an abstract, a poster and an application form.
Applicants should prepare an abstract and a poster with any ONE of the following themes:
Theme 1: How a Gifted Mind Starts
Refer to an artefact/incident to describe how your giftedness was discovered and how it has developed over the years.
Theme 2: The Voice of Gifted Learners
Identify any misunderstandings and/or expectations. Explain and clarify your views, thoughts, feelings and/ or wishes to your parents, teachers or peers.
Theme 3: I Think • I Feel • I Learn
Share your knowledge and/ or skill on a topic that you have mastered. Describe your learning process and elaborate your feelings.
AbstractThe abstract should include a title and the content should be within 150 words.
PosterThe poster should include text and image(s) to visualize the chosen theme. Please refer to below poster templates and student guidelines for required information to include on the poster.
The poster should meet these requirements:
- Size: Landscape format (specific paper cardboard provided by the Academy: cardboard size)
- Font: Arial, Calibri, Verdana
- Word count: about 100-200 words
- Text: clear and to the point
- Image resolution: 300 dpi
- Layout: consistent and clean
- Format: text and images on specific paper cardboard provided by the Academy
- References: include at least 2 references from the "Student Guidelines" and/or any other equivalent books/ articles/ news that the student has read and relate to the poster's content
Submission of Application
Applicants are required to
- email to our project team to indiciate you will submit work for adjudication and collect paper cardboard.
- apply online, submit their abstract and poster (a photo/ image taken) online from 28 May to before 5 p.m. of 14 June 2021.
- submit the original poster to Jockey Club, “Gifted in Bloom – Harmony in Heart & Mind” Programme Office (Room 305, The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education, Sha Kok Estate, Shatin) from 28 May to before 5 p.m. of 14 June 2021.
Office is open on Mondays to Fridays : 9:00am - 12:30pm, 1:30pm - 5:30pm and Saturday on 5 June & 12 June 2021: 9:00am - 12:30pm; Closed on other Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
An assessment panel comprising experts and teaching professionals will be formed.
|Dates||Actions to take|
|On 18 June 2021 (Friday), shortlisted applicants will be notified via email, and they need to submit a video of a 3-minute speech by 5 p.m. of 25 June 2021 (Friday).|
|Finalists will present their 3-minute speech at the symposium on 18 July 2021 (Sunday).|
- Best Poster Award and Outstanding Presenter Award are set up for each theme.
- All presenters at the symposium will receive a certification of participation.
For enquiries, please contact us at 3940 0514 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.